ThingsLog water flow monitoring data logger
From: €16 / month and a €105 sign-up fee
ThingsLog LPMDL water flows monitoring data logger is a low-power smart water data logger suitable for monitoring existing mechanical water meters or other flow meters with pulse outputs. The data logger could be used also for wastewater monitoring, rain monitoring, and other smart water applications.
The logger is worldwide available with 2G/GPRS, NB-IOT, and LoRa/LoRaWAN network options.
ThingsLog water flow monitoring data logger technical features
- 2 pulse metering inputs
- 2 ON/OFF normally open inputs
- With or without EEPROM
- Configurable metering and transmission periods
- Reconfiguration over the AIR
- Ability to meter per minute and transmit per day
- 6 µA consumption in sleeping mode
- Data transmission over 2G/GSM/GPRS, NB-IoT or LoRa/LoRaWAN
- up to 10 years + battery life (10000 transmissions)
- Replaceable AA batteries
- Data is exposed through a REST API
- Flow monitoring – monitoring of flow meters with existing water meters
- Smart water consumption data logging
- Get the daily water consumption
- Rain monitoring
- Wastewater monitoring
- Alarms for differential water billing
- Alarms in case of leaks or high/low consumption
- Agriculture and smart farming
- Water utility operators are among the most common customers of that data logger
- Facility managers that require monitoring as a service for water, energy, and gas consumptions
- System integrators in the utility sector
- Telecoms eager to offer low power remote monitoring services
- Platform owners that don’t have their own data loggers
- Farmers who need to monitor irrigation systems and water supply for their animals
How to order?
Prior to ordering, you need to know the meter/sensor that will be monitored, the network that will be used. Once you know that you will have to define would you like to get the logger as a service with a smaller initial fee or as a piece of hardware (larger initial fee but smaller tax later on)?
Note that in either case all shipping expenses for the delivery of the logger will be covered by us.
Determine the type of meter that you have.
The first and most important is to have or plan to use a meter with pulse output.
Meters typically are mechanical water meters, ultrasonic flow meters, and flow mags.
If you wonder what kind of a flow meter do you have check this.
Determine the type of the network (could be 2G/GSM/GPRS, Narrowband IoT, or LoRa/LoRaWAN).
is the most widely used option. If you choose GPRS data logger it will come with an embedded global roaming SIM card ready for use. You don’t need to pay anything extra for the network service. The monthly fee covers the global roaming SIM costs.
Newer cellular network option offered by mobile operators. Available only in certain countries. We can again supply the SIM card for most of the EU countries.
low power IoT sensor network – cost-effective option suitable if you want to build your own sensor network.
If you need information on the network/meter choices please don’t hesitate to contact us.
ThingsLog low power data logger documentation
- How to setup – link
- How to monitor consumption of water or energy at home – link
- Why is it important to monitor pressure, tank level, and temperature – link
- Declaration of conformity – link CE declaration of conformity LPMDL-1101
Platform and mobile app
- The data logger goes together with ThingsLog water consumption monitoring annual subscription
2G/GPRS, NB-IoT, LoRa/LoRaWAN
|Flow meter type||
mechanical water meter, water meter with battery powered pulse output, flow mag, ultrasonic, electromagnetic
|As a service||