ThingsLog electrical and heating energy monitoring data logger
From: €16 / month and a €105 sign-up fee
ThingsLog LPMDL energy monitoring data logger is a 2G/NB-IoT or LoRa/LoRaWAN data logger suitable for monitoring of existing energy meters with pulse outputs. One data logger can be connected up to two pulse output electrical energy, heat or gas flow meters.
ThingsLog electrical and heating energy monitoring data logger technical features
- Two energy monitoring pulse inputs
- Data transmission over 2G/GSM/GPRS, NB-IoT or LoRa/LoRaWAN
- 2 pulse metering inputs
- 2 ON/OFF normally open inputs
- Configurable metering and transmission periods
- Reconfiguration over the AIR
- Ability to meter per minute and transmit per day
- up to 10 years + battery life (10000 transmissions)
- Works on battery or 4.5V
- Replaceable AA batteries
ThingsLog energy monitoring data logger applications
- Active energy monitoring
- Reactive energy montiroing
- Gas flowmeter monitoring
- Heat meter monitoring
- Heating energy monitoring
- Get the energy daily consumption
- Determine and check the monthly bill
- Alarms in case of high/low consumption
- Building owners and landlords
- Utility operators
- Facility managers that require monitoring as a service for water, energy and gas consumptions
- System integrators in the utility sector
- Hotels, restaurants
- Telecoms eager to offer low power remote monitoring services
- Platform owners that don’t have their own data loggers
- Factories and manufacturing
- Farmers who need to monitor the energy consumption of their farm
How to order?
Prior ordering you need to know the meter/sensor that will be monitored, the network that will be used. Once you know that you will have to define would you like to get the logger as a service with smaller initial fee or as a piece of hardware (larger initial fee but smaller tax later on).
Note that in either case all shippment expenses for the delivery of the logger will be covered by us.
Determine the type of the meter that you have.
First and most important is to have or to plan to use a meter with pulse output.
Meters typically are mechanical water meters, ultrasonic flow meters and flow mags.
If you wonder what kind of a flow meter do you have check this.
Determine the type of the network (could be 2G/GSM/GPRS, Narrowband IoT or LoRa/LoRaWAN).
is the most widely used option. If you choose GSM/GPRS the logger will come with an embedded global roaming SIM card ready for use.
Newer cellular network option offered by mobile operators. Available only in certain countries. We can aggain supply the SIM card for most of the EU countries.
low power IoT sensor network – cost effective option suitable if you want to build your own sensor network.
If you need information on the network/meter choices please don’t hesitate to contact us.
ThingsLog data logger documentation
2G/GPRS, NB-IoT, LoRa/LoRaWAN
|Energy meter type||
energy meter with S0 pulse output, energy meter with rotating disk, energy meter with blinking led
|As a service||